Thursday, June 7, 2007

Sea Turtle!

Yesterday afternoon we were all firmly ensconced in porch-flop-mode. Poor Jen kept trying to get us out swimming but it was too darn hot...and half the household was still hung over. Around sunset Daniel, Cristina and I decided to hit the pools. Cristina had to stay out of the water since she burner & blistered her feet on hot pavement. It took me a while to get all my new snorkel gear adjusted but after 10 minutes of fumbling I was in the water. I made it further through the current this time - yay! - but still only half way :( I perched on some coral & passed the time spitting in my mask (to keep it from fogging up). Suddenly Daniel popped up in the outer pool & yelled "TURTLE!!!". Woo! It took me a few minutes to crawl over the coral, past the current, to get over there and wow, a lovely sea turtle! It was probably 3 feet long. We swam with it for a few minutes then let it go on it's way. At one point it turned and headed right for me. All I could think is "ramming speed scotty!" and I got the giggles - not smart with a snorkel & a bit of water in your mask :) It got within 2 feet of me then veered off. Quite amazing.

The new snorkel gear worked great, but I got foot cramps again. I'm going to take potassium before I swim every day to see if it helps.

So it seems that no one in this house can beat Cat at Scrabble. We'll see what happens first in Kapoho....will I gain 20 pounds or beat Cat at this infernal game??? And by the way "QAT" is a real word. Got me out of quite a pickle during game 3 last night!

On tap for today...learning my new CAD software & starting on my first paying gig. Yee Haw! But first I have to file my Business License so it's all legally-poo for the IRS :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Pictures! Pictures for your poor former coworkers, who are trapped in Land of Cubicles!

(hi there! diggin' the hawaii updates . :D)