Saturday, November 24, 2007

9:30 pm 76 degrees

Oh oh oh. It's 9:30 at night & I'm lounging around in a tank top... a lusciously humid 75 degrees. Ahhhhhhhhh. I am so happy to be home. Still decompressing from the stress and go-go-go of CA. Sloooow down, relax, don't jump at every gecko and cochroach - you home in Hawaii now & it's all good. I fell asleep last night to the sound of the ocean, light trade winds & coqui frogs. Best sleep I've had in months. DOG, pronounced "dee-oh-gee" (one of the greyhounds I live with) came in periodically throughout the night to make sure I was really here and hadn't abandoned him again. How I've missed snuggly greyhound therapy!

I flew in under a full moon on the Pacific & was treated to an insane sunset 1/2 way through the flight. Sigh, so beautiful.

Hawaii is even more stunning than I remembered it. It smells good. Clean clean air. It's warm. Clouds, lava, pounding surf, flowers, colors, jungle..gahhhhh. I woke up this morning & the front driveway was covered in Plumerias (the best smelling flower on earth, IMHO). We watched the moonrise through massive -pillared clouds from Jack & Glady's new house site. Lovely. Absolutely lovely.

Off to sleep once I get the gecko out of my sheets.

No comments: