Wednesday, October 31, 2007

1000 lbs of steel later...

Oy. I just loaded 1000 lbs of steel into the container. My god I hurt. The body, she is the old.

The good news is that I found all of my steel in the 'scrap' leftovers so it was 1/3 the price of new steel. If you ever need metal, go to Alco in San Leandro - a virtual candy store for metal whores. Bad news...I started the day off by loading 6 seventy pound batteries - so I pissed off my back from the get-go. I sheared a nice chunk out of my right hand too, complete with profuse bleeding. So why not piss my back off more! By all means! I'll go drag steel off the racks at the Alco yard, , load into the truck, load off the truck, load into the container...so I guess I lifted 4000 lbs of steel - ugh.

As of 10pm my hands, arms and legs have stopped co-operating...the nerves are not firing quite right, so I'm managing to drop 1/2 of everything I pick up or randomly veer off course, into insidiously placed corners, when walking. Who put a frigging wall there!

For all my tired complaining, I really am thrilled that I'm almost done. Solar panels & batteries are packed, crap is packed, storage is empty. Tomorrow I'm lugging the windows, plamsa cutter, welder & genny down to the container..strap it all in and call it done.

Super tired woot.

No comments: